Curriculum of faculty of medicine, University of Gezira characterized, compared to traditional schools, by graduation of the student to develop holistic vision to medicine & its sciences overcoming separations and partitions between different sections, aware about that medicine is not fragmented in its general philosophy. This curriculum is as well concentrate on telling the student on the spot about its content and its importance and different teaching methods used in teaching.
The curriculum collectively concentrate on Gezira University philosophy in dealing with the community & solving its problems.
1. Philosophy and contents of the programme of faculty of medicine/ University of Gezira.
2. Health problem or related to health with giving his evaluation and opinions about the problem and its effect on individual health.
3. Important competencies and behaviors which allow him to identify and manage health problems facing him after graduation.
4. Objectives related to faculty programme.
5. Different methods of teaching and learning and to specify its weaknesses and strengths.
6. General approaches for different evaluation methods and their uses.
7. Knowledge about methods of teaching & learning.
8. Principles and concepts of teaching using problem based learning PBL and its application in the curriculum.
9. Group discussion to highlight group dynamic and its interaction.
10. Research subject.
11. Audio- visuals and information technology.
1) General objectives:
Provision of student with philosophies and medical skills which help him to solve problems of his community after graduation.
2) Specific objectives:
By the end of this course student should be able to do the following:
1. discuss philosophy and contents of the programme of faculty of medicine/ University of Gezira.
2.collect data and write report of at least two pages about a health problem or related to health with giving his evaluation and opinions about the problem and its effect on individual health.
3. mention ten important competencies and behaviors which allow him to identify and manage health problems facing him after graduation.
4. enumerate 15 objectives related to faculty programme.
5. discuss different methods of teaching and learning and to specify its weaknesses and strengths.
6. mention general approaches for different evaluation methods and their uses.
7. write a subject not exceeding one thousand words discussing his experience before university and this short university period using his knowledge about methods of teaching & learning.
8. discuss principles and concepts of teaching using problem based learning PBL and its application in the curriculum.
9. participate actively in a group discussion to highlight group dynamic and its interaction.
10. use library correctly to get out list of references which are useful for him in writing a specific research subject.
11. use correctly audio- visuals and information technology.
1. Field work for groups & report writing.
2. Group discussion
4. Self learning.
5. Peer education.
7. Projection of slides and films
8. Printed handouts.
9. General Guidelines for group work.
1) Human Resources:
1. Supervisors for group work.
2. Community physician
3. Psychiatrist or medical psychology specialist.
8. Obstetrician & gynaecologist.
11. Library specialist.
12. Audio- visual specialist.
2) Physical Resources:
1 Lecture room accommodates about 430 four hundred and thirty students, with all facilities like slide- projector, overhead projector and multimedia.
4 Slides for different diseases and health problems in Sudan.
5 Cinema films about schistosomiasis and malaria and anatomy.
6 Slides and instruments for self use by students.
1. Attendance & performance --- 10%
2. Report --- 20%
3. Written test (Essays & short questions) --- 50%
4. Seminar --- 10%
5. Display (Exhibition) --- 10%
Distributed to students as notes.